Thursday, August 20, 2009

Check Out the UFC Website

For Up in comming Events


OR GREAT ARTICALS Like This One
Jun-20-2008
Amir Sadollah – MMA’s Unlikely Action Hero By Thomas Gerbasi

With no pro fights, and just a handful of amateur MMA and Muay Thai titles to his name, Richmond, Virginia’s Amir Sadollah probably seemed to be one of the easiest marks out of the 32 fighter field trying to squeeze themselves into 16 spots on The Ultimate Fighter’s seventh season.

And when he drew UFC veteran Steve Byrnes for his opening match, the one that would determine whether he got onto the show or not, things seemed to be going according to form. Not that he knew it at the time.

“Right after they announced the matchups, I didn’t have any idea of who he was and I really didn’t know anything about him,” said Sadollah of Byrnes.

That would change quickly as he attempted to do some last minute weight cutting with other prospective cast members Matt Riddle and Dante Rivera.

“You guys know this guy Steve Byrnes I’m gonna fight?” asked Sadollah.

“Yeah,” responded Rivera, “he fought in the UFC.”

“I did not know that,” deadpanned Sadollah, who then went on to not only fight Byrnes, but to beat him via a second round submission that earned him a spot on the show.

“Everybody had tough fights that day so I wasn’t offended,” he said. “I was like ‘good, then if I beat him, I deserve it.’”

Check out there website by clicking TITLE above!!


No comments: