Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Dos Santos wins title as UFC tries to enter mainstream

This artical was published by Kansis Star on Nov 12

Viewers watching the first appearance of a mixed martial arts fight on network television got a taste of the sport’s violence but not much else Saturday night.

Junior Dos Santos stopped Cain Velasquez just 1 minute, 4 seconds into their Ultimate Fighting Championship heavyweight title bout in Anaheim, Calif.

Dos Santos hit Velasquez with an overhand right early in the first round, staggering the previously unbeaten champion to the canvas. Dos Santos jumped onto Velasquez, who defended himself briefly before finally succumbing to Dos Santos’ relentless blows.

“I have no words to say what I’m feeling,” said Dos Santos, who burst into tears in celebration after raising his record to 14-1. “It’s amazing, my life. I have a lot of good people around me. I think Cain Velasquez was for sure my toughest opponent. I was afraid to fight with him, because he’s very tough. I was not 100 percent for this fight, so I was scared.”
Read more: http://www.kansascity.com by clicking the title above...

No comments: