Sunday, October 14, 2012

Check out Q5 Combat Website

Why in the Hell Did You Go and Start Yet Another Supplement Company? I've been grappling my whole life. In the Midwest where I grew up, wrestling is a part of the culture so I started competing at a very young age and stayed with it throughout school. When I moved to New England years ago I got involved in coaching youth wrestling here. The skill of the athletes and the strength of the programs just continues to grow year after year. It was after a wrestling practice that I got my first taste of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu when a friend dragged me kicking and screaming to class. (I really didn't want to put on a gi!) I got choked out about 20 times, and I've never stopped training since that day. In 43 years my body has seen more than its share of abuse from grappling, football, the United States Marine Corps, and just general hard living. I've had more breaks, tears, and contusions than I can count. But I still love to train, and I want to keep going till I'm at least 80. As I get older, I've discovered that I need to work on improving my diet in order to keep training. I'd never worried about it when I was young (other than for cutting weight before a meet.) But now if I eat poorly my body takes too long to recover. Once I got interested in eating better, I started to study and learn everything I could about nutrition and supplementation. While working on the BJJ Weekly newsletter I had access to some of the top experts in nutrition, training, and competing in the grappling world, and I wrote a number of articles on nutrition and training. I started Q5 Labs because I felt there was a need in the market for a specialized supplement company that wasn't just selling "Get Huge in a Can" to naive 20 year old kids who believe every before and after picture they see in a muscle magazine. I knew there must be other guys out there who want to keep training at a high level but need the nutritional support that I need, without all the hype and bullshit. And I know you want to be a good fighter and stay healthy, and you want to keep training as long as you possibly can. Q5 Labs was started with several core ideas that we take very seriously: We believe in being honest with our customers. We believe in helping our customers maximize their enjoyment of a healthy and active lifestyle. We believe that the long term health of our customers is more important than short term performance gains or short term profits. We believe in being financially rewarded in exchange for improving our customer's lives. We believe in using both modern science and natural resources when developing products. We believe in ongoing testing for efficacy and safety. We believe in utilizing the highest quality ingredients and suppliers available to us. We believe in local manufacturing whenever possible. We believe in using pure ingredients and avoiding artificial flavors, preservatives, colors or sweeteners whenever possible. So if you're looking for a supplement company that takes it's products and its responsibility to customers very seriously, but still wants to have fun and kick a little ass, and you're not some 20 year old juice monkey looking to bulk and impress the skanky chicks at a local club, then I just might have something for you. Stay Alpha - Bill Thomas Founder, Q5 Labs If you want to find out more go to there website below

No comments: