Saturday, February 19, 2011

Anderson Silve vs George St Pierre. THE FIGHTS OF ALL FIGHTS!!


If you saw that last GSP fight with Hardy, it was what I say "really boring." Then I started watching UFC Unleashed and it was the best of Matt Hughes. It was all wrestling and ground game similar to what GSP is doing these days. I mean seriously, a decision over Hardy? You can tell GSP was kinda scared and played it safe. I mean he really played it safe with take downs and just muscle-ing Hardy around. Hardly anything spectacular of a grand champion like Anderson Silva or even BJ Penn (in the right weight class, of course).

If GSP was such a great champion, he'd fight Anderson Silva. I mean this would be the Pacquiao Mayweather of the UFC. And guess what? Dana White owns both of these fighters. This would be bigger than Liddell and Ortiz back in the day for several reasons. MMA has gone so mainstream that Silva and GSP are more known now than ever. This would be very healthy for the sport, at least in my opinion. The new talent can't carry the marketing power like these guys can and paying $50 for a PPV is starting to get tight when you're watching mediocre fights with no namers. I mean, these no namers are getting like $1500 to $40,000 per fight which is hardly enough to cover their medical bills.

We need an MMA resurrection of a great fight and George St. Pierre vs. Anderson Silva is that fight.

I got this great artical from the people from Hurt Chothing and MMA website
Hurt has been around for a while and they are on my friends list for more infomation on there apperial or the latest on whats going on in the MMA world go to there website by clicking the title above...

No comments: