Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Advice on being sued for showing UFC fights...

I just found out I'm being sued for showing a fight illegaly. The problem is I really didn't know I was doing it illegaly. I also found out that the satellite service I was paying for was a "personal" account, call me nieve but I didn't even think about there being a difference.

When I set up the account I called dish and told them I have a restaurant and want to set up sattelite, guy said ok and talked to me about the packages. Well I picked one and he said alright lets set you up when he asked for the name on the account I told him the restaurant name and he said do want it in that or your name and I said well that, and he said he would have to transfer me to someone else and I didnt want to go through that again so I asked whats the difference then if I use my name and he said nothing and we set it up. And when they came to our restaurant and set it up, nothing was said. I did't know any difference this was the first time I ever had a commercial place.

I found this artical from The Bar Nation if you want to read the rest of this artical and the comments then click the title above...

No comments: